6 Ways to Prepare your Roof for a Stormy Summer.
1. Inspect Your Roof – Thoroughly inspect your roof at least twice a year, preferably before the summer rainy season as well as before the first snow fall in winter, it’s also important to check your roof after severe storms. If you aren’t comfortable getting up on the roof, call a roofing company to check for you.
2. Prevent Leaks Before They Start – Repair any small defects and mechanical abuse areas, and identify other membrane conditions that might need more extensive repairs.
3. Clean Your Roof & Around – Remove all debris, ensure that drains are open and functioning. Trim Trees, make sure there are no overhanging trees or branches that could break off and puncture the roof.
4. Know your Policy- Read through your insurance company’s policy so you understand the specific types of events you’re covered for.
4. Get a Roof Evaluation by a trusted roofing company – If you’ve noticed areas on the roof that appear to be problematic and need repair, contact us to have a roof expert come and evaluate the situation.
5. Call Remstar Roofing Company – We pride ourselves in our dedicated and resourceful customer service throughout Red Deer and Central Alberta – No need to delay, we are always here to help you with any questions or problems you may have with your roof!